Project: Ocean Cove, Long Branch, NJ
Flat Roof Replacement
Overview: Ocean Cove is an eleven-story oceanfront luxury high rise built in the 1980’s in Long Branch, New Jersey. As a result of Super Storm Sandy, the existing roof system sustained damage and needed to be replaced.
- Performed a roof investigation and testing to evaluate current conditions.
- Performed an analysis of all rooftop mechanical/electrical equipment, stacks, duct penetrations, conduit, piping, curbing/supports and penetrations that required modifications for installation of new roofing system.
- Performed roof wind-uplift analysis.
- Evaluated adjacent building materials and finishes that would require modification as part of the roofing project.
- Solicited bids from and performed contract negotiations with potential contractors to present to the Association.
- Provided contract administration services to the Association to ensure that all contractor work was carried out in an accurate and timely manner within the budget allocated.
- Partnered with Carlisle Syntec Systems as a Sustainable Roofing and Waterproofing Alliance (SRWA) consultant, Kipcon designed a roofing system which could withstand designed wind speeds of 120 MPH and obtained a Manufacturer’s 20 year/no dollar limit (NDL) total roof system warranty.
For a PDF file: Ocean Cove – Flat Roof Replacement