Project: Plaza Grande – Old Bridge, NJ
Overview: Plaza Grande at Old Bridge is a condominium consisting of 10 three-story buildings. In 2009, Kipcon prepared a Transition Study for the community and has since acted as the Association expert in their construction defect claim against the developer. In 2015, the Association was awarded close to $10 million as a result of extensive expert services provided by Kipcon. The Association subsequently retained Kipcon to prepare the necessary design specifications to preform extensive remediation to the facades and roofs of all buildings. The Association’s objective is to remove the entire facade (except for the vinyl siding areas) of all buildings in order to reconstruct these areas to provide the same aesthetic look as the initial design. This has included an evaluation of alternative materials and installation techniques. Upon completion of the design, Kipcon has retained to solicit contractor bids for the work as well as provide contract administration services throughout the construction process.
- Construction defect expert services
- Moisture Probes/Invasive Testing
- Visual evaluation of damages shingle roofs, building facade and additional construction defects
- Preparation of structural remediation designs for roofs and facade replacement
- Bidding services for roofs and facade
- Contract oversight for the work performed
- Kipcon provided extensive expert testimony services in order to support the Association in its construction defect claim
- Kipcon prepared plans and specifications for the replacement of the facade and roofing as well as address any underlying damage that is found during construction.