Project: Winding Brook, Tinton Falls, NJ
Overview: Winding Brook of Tinton Falls is a 248-unit condominium community comprised of thirty-four buildings and a clubhouse located in Tinton Falls, New Jersey. When Kipcon prepared the Detailed Reserve Study Update in 2009, the community was approximately 25 years of age and the cedar siding was showing signs of deterioration and was in need of replacement. Kipcon recommended that the Association look into replacing the cedar siding with vinyl to prevent further deterioration and higher maintenance costs.
- Performed visual review of the siding to evaluate current conditions.
- Prepared renderings to illustrate possible siding options.
- Reviewed architectural drawings and prepared specifications for removal of the cedar siding to be replaced with vinyl.
- Prepared design and all of the replacement for the existing wood siding, flashings, wood trim, underlayment and soffits from all buildings.
- Prepared detailed scope/schedule of work to be performed by the contractor.
- Solicitation of bids from contractors and contract negotiations.
- Provided contract administrative services.
- Kipcon was able to save the Association time and money by replacing the wood siding with a material that would need less maintenance on an annual basis.
- Kipcon provided a more modern and aesthetically pleasing look to the community.
For PDF file: Winding Brook – Siding Replacement